HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I BOOK MY PHOTO SHOOT?
It is best to contact me at least 4-6 weeks before the date you wish to book your photo shoot. However, if you are a bit like me and leave things to the last minute, please contact me anyway, because if I have space I will gladly squeeze you in. Newborns take top priority, so if you have just given birth, please contact me asap, and I will juggle things around to get you in.
WHAT ARE THE BEST AGES TO HAVE MY CHILD PHOTOGRAPHED?
Every age as your kids grow up so fast, it is awesome if you can document their growth and changes. However, below is a rule of thumb:
- Newborns, normally within the first two weeks if possible, for that beautiful freshly born look. However, if you don’t feel comfortable bringing your baby that early, please call me to arrange either a home shoot or to arrange the shoot as soon as you are ready.
- When baby can sit up on his/her own, around 6-9 months. They tend to be very smiley and playful at this age and sitting up on their own makes them very happy.
- Toddlers, usually 1-1/2 years old and older. I suggest an outdoor photo shoot, where your gorgeous child can play and have fun. I tend to get amazing outdoor images at this age as we can chase them around, and allow them to have fun and be relaxed.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO DO A MATERNITY PHOTO SHOOT?
Everyone is slightly different but normally around 8 months, because then you will have a beautiful round belly.
WHAT TO WEAR?
- Newborns : best photographed naked or in just a nappy. But, booties, hats, wraps, etc. are all nice to add to make your photo shot unique and special. I do have some props but please feel free to bring any special props or blankets etc. along with you.
- Babies and children : I would recommend no more than 2 – 3 outfits because otherwise your child will get frustrated and irritated. It is always good to have their favourite outfit as a back-up incase they do not want to wear one you have brought. Solid colours, checks and textures always look great on camera.
- Families : It is best to avoid matching exact outfits. However, it is best to choose a colour group or a base colours and mix & match everyone according to that colour.
DO YOU SHOOT ON LOCATION OR IN STUDIO?
90% of my photo shoots are done on location and I prefer it this way. I prefer a natural outdoor look and feel to my photographs.
WHAT IF MY CHILD OR MYSELF IS SICK?
These things happen and I do understand, so please let me know as soon as possible. I will be able to reschedule your photo shoot but there will be a administration fee.
WHAT IF I AM RUNNING LATE FOR MY SESSION?
If you are running late, please call me immediately and let me know how late you will be. If you will be over 20 minutes late, I may have to reschedule your photo shoot. Please note, being late will affect the time available for your photo shoot.
CAN I BRING THE GRANDPARENTS OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS?
You are more than welcome to bring additional family at an additional charge per person. Please just keep in mind that children very often become over-stimulate if there is too much family around. I try to capture the child in a very relaxed environment just being themselves.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
I ask that in order to be able to reschedule your photo shoot without losing your deposit, you must contact me and let me know exactly 7 days before your photo shoot. Unfortunately, we never make an exception for this policy as we have staff booked and ready to accommodate you in advance that would not be there otherwise. And, in truth, when we didn’t have this policy in place we had clients rescheduling left, right & centre. In order to maintain our small business’ existence this policy is necessary. We truly appreciate your understanding.
THE INVESTMENT – WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?
Custom photography is an investment in artistic imagery. I use state of the art equipment and put in hours of post production to make sure that each image is perfect. To really understand why you pay more for a custom portrait, have a look at Professional Child Photgrapher’s page, “Why Does Custom Photography Cost More?