I consider myself to be a newborn, family & lifestyle photographer. I am based in the Fourways area of Johannesburg and I’m friendly, out-going and have a quirky, fun-loving nature. I’m not sure what you expect to find here…so I decided to share a few of my passions, loves and give you a little insight into…who I am. My friends and family would probably describe me as Alternative, as I like to do things differently and don’t feel the need to follow the herd…So you can expect some different and wonderful things!
- I am a blogger, I write a personal blog – check it out : Allthingspretty.co.za
- I am a mother to 6 beautiful & perfectly naughty kitties – KitKat, Archimedes, Socrates, Tiggie, Asterix and my little boy Channing
- I LOVE wearing pyjamas…I don’t just mean love…I mean LOVE!
- I am married to my best friend…who happens to be a crazy maths geek…but I love him anyway!
- My family & friends are my world…I love them more than anything & I’m so blessed to have them in my life
- My passion in life is photography…I spend all my waking and sleeping moments thinking about it…and yes photographers are weird and crazy people…they will do anything to get the perfect shot in that gorgeous soft golden light!
- I like tattoos, I especially like to photograph people with them – and I have a few myself…6 in total…my favourite one is the butterflies on my collar bone.
- I don’t like too much fuss…I prefer simple
- I proposed to my husband in the kitchen while we were eating breakfast…I asked if he really wanted to get married…he said yes…so I said okay, we can get married on 22 March in Cape Town! Viola!
- I love sweet things, especially chocolate…I will do just about anything for good quality chocolate!
- Best combo – peanut butter & chocolate or peanut butter & bacon – yes I love peanut butter too!
- Finally… I love experiencing or trying new things – from Travel to food…love it all!
If you want to know a little more about my photography journey and work ethic, here it is :
There is something so incredibly special about being able to share in and capture precious moments between families, whether it be the glow of an expectant mother, the arrival of a beautiful baby or just a typical day at the park with the kids. And, for this reason, I could never imagine doing anything else with my life… I love spreading the joy of photos with my clients.
My approach is one of modernity, originality and creativity. Photography is not just about the equipment I use, it is also about having a natural and creative eye, while looking through the lens. It is also about knowing how to capture the light, location and my clients perfectly. As well as, and probably most importantly treating each of my client like a close friend. This is something that I strive for and that I believe I am innately good at.
I feel that I am able to capture my chosen subject extremely well, however, I am always up for the challenge of photographing a subject that I never have before. So, feel free to contact me with your challenge…whatever it may be!
I am mainly a self-taught photographer, but I do believe we never stop learning…so I have done a few courses at the College of Digital Photography, as well as a number of different photography workshops.
So, this is me in a nutshell! Thanks for popping in, hope you enjoy my work and that we will get to work together soon!